My desire is to blog more in 2010 but I realize I had the same desire for 2009. It started out positive with 5 entries in January and then slowly trickled to one entry for some months and no entries for other months.
Maybe I'm not as motivated to blog since I feel like I don't have anything important to say. Or maybe it's because this netbook keyboard drives me nuts. I don't know how to turn off the sensitivity of the mouse so when my hand touches it I find myself typing in a different area of the screen. Annoying =)
Right now I'm sitting at my parents store listening to some Christmas tunes. My family doesn't really have any traditions and my little brother is in Afghanistan so it doesn't really feel like Christmas. But I am still thankful to have my healthy parents,tired but healthy.
Last night I attended midnight mass with Chasity. I've never been to a Catholic church so it was a great experience. I loved the traditional aspect of the service. The place was packed and we ended up standing with a bunch of people on either sides of the pews. You could tell that a lot of the people were probably CEO Christians/Catholics (Christmas/Easter Only) but the fact that people believe in Jesus and are willing to come and give Him glory gives me hope. Especially since Seattle is one of the most unchurched states of America.
And that's what it's really all about. The birth of Jesus. It means so much to someone like me who believes that He came to save my soul, to give me life, and to let me experience a love that I could possibly not know any other way. He gives me a hope to believe in something greater than myself or anything the world has to offer.
So even though Christmas may seem like another day to me in some ways, it also means so much more in others.
Happy Birthday Jesus. Thank you for coming to this world to save us. =)
1 comment:
hey lady--you better keep this thing up when you are living on an island in the middle of the ocean and i can't see you every week.
let's hang out soon!
oh yeah, i'm blogging again.
Post a Comment