Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bravebird.

I think we all battle different levels of loneliness. Although we can't control it - we can choose what we want to do about it.

A couple weeks ago when I blogged I was overcome with a wave of depression. I felt alone. I think in some ways we all want to be pursued, we all want to feel wanted. Since I don't have a boy (as of yet) in my life, this longing of wanting to be wanted comes from my friends - especially those I consider my spiritual sisters in Christ. [Sidenote: This is within the context of human relationships - I know Jesus is my ultimate pursuer and He gives me the security that I need but He also blesses us with relationships here on earth. ]

Communication is a powerful thing. LACK of communication is ALSO a powerful thing.

In going through my spout of feeling sorry and bad about myself - I entertained lies in my head from the lack of communication between a friend and I.  We got together a few weekends ago and I was brave enough to share what I felt only to have her validate that I indeed was believing lies about what I thought our friendship had succumbed to.

But what if I hadn't been brave enough to share?
What if I just ASSUMED what I wanted to assume....
What if I just believed the lies that my friend was mad at me because she didn't email me back or because she made plans with someone else instead of with me?





I'm sure glad that I talked it out with her that day.. I'm blessed to have her in my life and it just goes to show that I shouldn't doubt our friendship.

No comments: