Thanks Olive for the tips on topics to blog about. =D
Tonight I went to my small group after not having attended for over a month! Things just got crazy after I came back from Seattle. I was either sick, had other plans, or was out of town. I'm glad I finally made it tonight though because I really enjoy the fellowship with the women in my group and am so thankful for them.
I think it's such a blessing how God orchestrates relationships. We're meant to be in relationships with one another to help each other grow and become who we were created to be. I find that God often uses people to speak to our hearts.
This past week I feel that God has really shown me how blessed I am to have the friendships that I do in my life. I am realizing that not everyone has friends who will go beyond themselves for the sake of another. I think deep down we all want to be known. We long for someone to know and understand our inmost parts, for someone to validate the hurts and the injustice that has happened in our lives and for someone to love us past our faults and failures. Honestly, no human being can do that. Only God can. As much as God and the Holy Spirit are in us - at the end of the day we are human and are selfish. And what if we could love like that.. what would God be to us then?
Although I am so thankful at how blessed I am for my friendships - I know at the end of the day that my relationship with God is the one that will never be shaken -the one relationship I never have to 2nd guess and if I ever did, it would be because of my heart's condition and not because God has left me or didn't love me anymore.
This revelation isn't something that has come over night. It is built from years of choosing to walk with God, praying that He would reveal Himself and praying that what the Bible says who God is moves from head knowledge to heart knowledge. It is such a divine gift when God reveals Himself to us because our finite minds can't conceptualize His majesty.
To be continued!
1 comment:
I can't wait either girl! A new little brother or sister for you. Lol. jk.
Liked reading this blog btw.
Post a Comment