This comment was left on the Chapman family blog. I thought it was really meaningful and decided to post it here.
The stroke of midnight came too soon.
The grand ball came to an expected and unexplainable close for your
Cinderella. And like the story-book Cinderella, the magic came to an end,
but in a different way.
Your Cinderella exchanged her beautiful gown, not for common clothes, but
for a spotless, white robe.
Her glass slippers for a street paved with gold.
Her tuxedoed attendants for a host of saints and a chorus of angels.
Her distant prince for the ever-present Prince of Peace.
Her bejeweled chariot for a heavenly mansion prepared since the foundation
of the world.
And she exchanged her gleaming white horses for the reality that she never
needs to rush off again - she is now home.
Really, the grand ball came to a close for those left behind. But for
Cinderella it is just beginning
3 comments:
It's great to hear from you! I heard about this tragedy... Life is such a fragile thing. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. I'm living wth my wife in Arizona. My brother is living in Arizona too. Dan is living in Seattle, but he came to visit. Anna is living in Arizona. Grace is living in Arizona. Deana is in medical school... I miss Seattle. What are you doing in Seattle? You are done with school right?
bittersweet, indeed.
:*-/ Thanks for posting this!
I haven't been on here in a while, thanks for posting this I am glad you are following how the family is doing and keeping us posted...thanks Lei!
Post a Comment