
It's been 5 years since I was water baptized. So much has happened since then. I went out to dinner with my baptism buddies. =) This is our second year getting together and celebrating. It's so crazy to see how far everyone has come. Ian and Lauren are now getting married, Dave is doing full time ministry with high school students, Colin is doing his thing with Wells Fargo, Jen is doing her traveling ultra sound adventures [thankfully in the Seattle area!], and I'm just doing the whole paralegal thing. We have such a special bond and we all realized how much we've grown in God since that day we decided to give our lives to Him.
I found this old entry about the day I was baptized. =) It's kind of dorky. One thing that hasn't changed - I am still a cry baby! =P
Hi. My name is Nicholei and I'm a new creation!! On March 2, 2003, I was baptized. I died to my old sins and surrended my life to Christ. Although I had already surrendered my heart, I was so glad that I was able to be water baptized. WOO HOO!!
Anyway, it was done in a swimming pool. It kind of made me want to go swimming again. Kristy had told me that the baptisms would start at 1:30pm so I told my parents to come a little before then. They started a little early and my parents had not yet come. I was a little worried but it was like God nudged me and was like.. "Relax bra-- I got it all under control" Ha. So, I stopped worrying and they finally came. Nik asked if I wanted to say anything before I was baptized and I said, "Galations 2:20" Then being the cry baby I am, I got all emotional and couldn't state the verse and said, "Just do it.." meaning baptize me already!! Hahah. The crowd laughed. :) Anywho-- Nik stated the verse for me. Thank You. And that's when I was baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. AWESOME.
2 comments:
That is so amazing Lei! Thanks for posting that old entry, I liked the idea of God saying, "Relax bra..." I envision God with a Hawaiian accent too ;p. Hehe. God is still doing a great work in you, I can't wait to see where He takes you in the next 5 years! Muah & Much love!!!
wahhoo! praise da good man upstairs. i'm so proud of you! love you amiga.
Post a Comment